Enhanced College Writing
Course Code: EN101-VB | CRN #: 30534
This course is designed to further develop students�(tm) reading and writing skills and strategies while enhancing mechanical, grammatical and syntactical techniques. This course will include two lab-hours during which students will workshop and revise assignments with the instructor. This course is an intensive writing course that covers the following stages of writing: preliminary thought and discussion, research, organization, writing, revising and editing. Students produce at least ten pages of formal prose intended for a critical reader as well as at least 15 pages of informal work such as a personal journal. Students work in traditional rhetorical forms and write a research paper. There are no prerequisites or co-requisites; however, students must successfully complete EN xxx before enrolling in other English courses.
You may view how many spots are currently available at: herkimer.edu/courses, for each course.
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the On-Line Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Online courses only - Access the course(s) at the SUNY Learning Network website one week prior to the course start date.
How do I pay?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.