Clinical Fieldwork I
Course Code: PT206-55 | CRN #: 30071
Clinical Fieldwork I begins the fieldwork series for the PTA student. Five weeks (200 hours) of full-time clinical experience are required. The student now has the opportunity to interact with patients and professional staff in a health care facility. This placement allows the student to gain experience in the skilled application of techniques learned in PT 121, PT 131, PT 132, PT 141, PT 142 and PT 143, including ambulation and transfer training, modality application and therapeutic exercise. Prerequisites: PT 121, PT 131, PT 132, PT 141, PT 142, PT 143, SC 253 and SC 254. Student must be First Aid and CPR certified and provide all required CPR, First Aid and health record documentation.
You may view how many spots are currently available at: herkimer.edu/courses, for each course.
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the On-Line Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Online courses only - Access the course(s) at the SUNY Learning Network website one week prior to the course start date.
How do I pay?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.