Anatomy and Physiology I
Course Code: SC253-S1 | CRN #: 30157
This course provides a thorough study of the structure and function of the human body. Topics include general anatomical structure and mapping of the human body, chemistry, the cell and the anatomy and physiology of the integumentary, skeletal, muscular and nervous systems. In the laboratory, students are engaged in identification and recognition of anatomical structures and physiology of the cell and body systems using micro-scopy, models and dissection specimens. The course is designed to provide an essential knowledge base for nursing students and/or students entering other allied health fields. Required prerequisites: high school chemistry or the equivalent taken within the past five years and high school biology or the equivalent taken within the past five years. Recommended prerequisites: college chemistry (SC 125 or SC 153) and/or college biology (SC 141 or SC 155).
You may view how many spots are currently available at: herkimer.edu/courses, for each course.
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the On-Line Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Online courses only - Access the course(s) at the SUNY Learning Network website one week prior to the course start date.
How do I pay?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.