What Do I Have Left To Do?
- Make $50 Advance Tuition Deposit: Confirm your interest in attending Herkimer by sending in your $50 deposit.
- Find A Place To Live: Are you looking to live on-campus, off-campus or are you commuting? Learn more about the various housing options offered. Students have the responsibility of securing your own housing.
- Send In Your Health Records: HCCC students are required to show proof of immunizations. Failure to provide all mandatory documentation will result in de-registration from school.
- Take A Placement Test: In order to gauge your academic skill level, you are required to take a placement test in Math and English. Visit placement testing for a list of testing dates and info.
- Register For Classes: After taking the placement test, on-campus students will meet with a faculty advisor to choose your course schedule. Internet Academy students will choose their courses online.
- Send in Your Certificate of Residency: To qualify for reduced resident tuition fees, you must provide proof of legal New York State residence. The college Bursar’s Office will send the form and instructions with your bill. This form must be sent in NO sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes. Print the form and find out more.
- Get Your Student ID Card: Your photo ID will be taken at the bookstore; it is your library card, Generals Cash Card, shuttle bus pass, and can be used for free access to student activities throughout the campus.
- Purchase Your Books: Books go on sale two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Visit the HCCC Bookstore for details.