It's easy to apply and enroll at Herkimer College.
Here's what you have to do.
In order to be accepted into a degree or certificate program at Herkimer College, you need to meet the following admissions requirements:
Herkimer County Residents (must meet one of the following)
- Possess a high school diploma from a public or New York State Education Registered non-public high school
- Possess a GED (General Equivalency Diploma) or TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion)
- Completion of the equivalent of a four-year high school course of study (home schooled) under the requirements of Section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, as certified by the superintendent of the school district in which the student resides.
Applicants Outside Herkimer County (must meet one of the following)
- Possess a high school diploma from a public or New York State Education Registered non-public high school and have a final, cumulative high school GPA of 68 or higher
- GED score of 2400 or more
- TASC score of 2666 or more
Possible Alternatives For Students Who Do Not Possess The Above Minimum Scores (to be granted as a conditional acceptance):
- Scoring 500 or more on each of the English and Math sections of the SAT or
- Scoring a 21 or higher composite score on the ACT or
- Transferring six or more college credits with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
Out of county applicants with a high school average between 68 - 75, or a GED, will be required to complete an Admissions Interview and questionnaire as a condition of acceptance. Interviews may be conducted in person or over the phone. This conditional acceptance is intended to assist with college transition and introduce students to available academic and student support services. Students not fulfilling this requirement will not be granted acceptance.
The College reserves the right to review other admissions criteria for out-of-county students.
Fill out our free online application.
Please request your high school mail us official, sealed transcripts, including SAT/ACT scores if applicable. GED recipients must submit a GED certificate with test scores issued by their state Department of Education. This information is required in order to make an admissions decision.
If you are transferring credits in from another college please send your official, sealed college transcripts from each college attended to the Registrar's Office.
Please allow 7-10 business days for us to process your application.