Crime & Intelligence Analysis A.A.S.Apply Now
The Crime & Intelligence Analysis degree will focus on developing research and analytical skills to be used in either a crime analysis or intelligence unit within a variety of criminal justice agencies.
Crime analysis is utilized within law enforcement agencies to determine such things as staffing patterns and assignment of specialized units to interdict specifically targeted crimes and perpetrators. They also develop profiles designed to help identify individual offenders by applying multifaceted crime analysis methods and are trained to predict future crimes by using statistical analysis and other specialized techniques.
- Prepare students for a variety of employment opportunities in the public as well as private sector.
- Introduce students to current crime analysis and intelligence theories and their applications to build their analytical, writing, and team management skills.
- Focus on skill development in collecting and analyzing data to forecast criminal profiles, documenting illegitimate relationships between people, organizations and events, and using statistical techniques to solve crime problems.
- Collect and interpret data and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
- Apply analytic methods in strategic and tactical analysis in accordance with law enforcement and homeland security requirements.
- Utilize statistical research techniques and demonstrate a familiarity with computer operations and database management related to crime and intelligence analysis.
- Make reliable decisions based on analytical ability, critical thinking skills.
Criminal Justice: Crime & Intelligence Analysis Career Opportunities
Potential employers for graduates of the Crime and Intelligence Analysis program include any local, state, or federal law enforcement or intelligence agency. The various branches of the military utilize analysts as well as private contractors dealing with security issues.
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Crime & Intelligence Analysis A.A.S.
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Crime & Intelligence Analysis A.A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*