Apply » Financial Aid » Transferring Students

Transferring Students

If you are transferring to Herkimer College after applying for financial aid at another institution, you should follow the steps below.

Add our school code to your FAFSA

  • Log on to
  • You will need your FSA ID to access your FAFSA, if you do not have one or forgot your FSA ID you can retrieve it or create it here
  • Select “Make Corrections” 
  • Add Herkimer College to your FAFSA (Federal School Code-004788)

Add our school code to your TAP application (NYS residents only)

  • Access
  • Under Students, Families, Borrowers & Counselors, select “New York Residents”
  • Select “Manage My Account”
  • Select “View TAP Status”
  • Log on with your HESC User ID and PIN (this is not the same as your FAFSA pin)
  • Select “continue”
  • Select the “Academic Year”
  • On the “View TAP Status” page, select “Review/Update Your TAP Information”
  • Select “Modify Your Answer” for the terms that you would like to change
  • Add Herkimer County Community College to your TAP application (School Code-2254)

IMPORTANT: Contact Herkimer College’s Financial Aid Office within 10 business days to ensure they received your FAFSA and TAP applications. Our phone number is 315-574-4035 or request information online.