24 Credit Hour Option for International Students
International high school students can study abroad at and earn college credits while studying at Herkimer College. After successfully completing 24 college credits in specific areas of study as a non-matriculated student, you may obtain a State High School Equivalency Diploma without taking the equivalency examination. Current guidelines for granting the diploma on the basis of the college credit can be obtained by writing the NYS Department of Education, Office for Diversity, Ethics, and Access, Room 530 Education Building, Albany, NY 12234.
The 24 College Credit Hour Option is a smart choice for ambitious high school students. International students who choose to enroll enjoy many benefits, including:
• An outstanding experience studying abroad at a beautiful college in upstate New York.
• Learning what it is like to attend college.
• Graduating from college earlier.
• Reducing your first or second semester course load in college.
• The option to have extra time to complete a double major, a special work internship, or a semester traveling.
If you are an international high school student interested in learning more about Herkimer College’s 24 College Credit Hour Option, we encourage you to contact our International Team to discuss your questions and interest. They can be reached in the following ways:
Phone: (315) 866-0300 x8318
Fax: (315) 866-8189
Office: RMCC 207
Skype Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm USA EST
We look forward to speaking with you and hope to have you as a part of our College community!