SUNY Child Care Subsidy Guidelines for Eligibility
The SUNY child care subsidy program is available for SUNY student parents who are both programmatically eligible and financially eligible. The goal of this program is to provide support to low income student parents so that they can obtain a college degree and secure employment that will enable them to support themselves and their children. The student parent must demonstrate his or her ability to successfully complete the course of study and must maintain satisfactory progress.
- Students must be attending classes during the hours when the child care center is in operation. Online classes and evening classes are not eligible.
- If another custodial parent is available while the other parent is attending classes, subsidies cannot be utilized.
- Hours of care should be directly related to the hours the parent is involved in classes or activities that are required to a completion of a degree. One exception is if a student's combined hours of attending classes and working equal 30 hours or more as long as the hours of work and classes are during the hours when the center is in operation.
Financial Eligibility 2012-2013 Income Eligibility Guidelines
- The gross family income must be at or below 200% of the State Income Standards see income chart below.
- Family gross income is based on the average monthly income for a period of but not less than one month. Current pay stubs must be submitted in order to determine financial eligibility. Self employed parents may use the most recent NYS Income Tax Return.
Family Size 200% State Income Standard
Each add member add $7920.00
*If you are eligible please ask for an application for the SUNY Child Care Subsidy on the Inquiry form available on this website. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.