High-Quality Child Care, Right on Campus
Our Child Care Center is an advantage of Herkimer College that returning adult students, faculty, staff, and community members appreciate most. We provide a high-quality, affordable childcare and preschool experience for children from ages 18 months to five years old.
The Center is located in a separate building adjacent to the Technology Building and behind the Physical Education Building. Children are able to attend the Center from 7:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Our regular program runs from August (first day of classes) through the end of May. The center is closed June, July, and reopens the first day of fall classes. We offer full and partial days, with a minimum of two days per week.
The Herkimer College Child Care Center specializes in creating a safe and healthy learning environment which aims to:
- Provide a developmentally appropriate curriculum designed specifically for children of ages 18 months to 5 years old
- Provide a professionally trained staff who are educationally qualified and committed to promote children’s learning and support their diverse needs
- Develop long term collaborative relationships with the families and community we serve
- Operate according to a school philosophy that encourage social, emotional, and intellectual growth in a safe, supportive, caring, and playful environment
- Offer an affordable option to families who need child care. Check out our fee schedule and SUNY child care subsidy guidelines
Organized in 1981 to serve the needs of returning adult college students, Herkimer College staff, and community, the Child Care Center is licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The center is a nonprofit organization and is part of the Student Service Department and supervised under the Dean of Students. It also serves as a practicum setting for students in the College’s Early Childhood Education program and work site for work study placements. The center is funded by the College, SUNY Grants, and other grants through the college. These grants provide subsidies for tuition for eligible students, operational expenses, and quality initiatives.
To apply, please fill out the Request for Registration Packet Form and submit to the Director of Child Care in person or via mail to:
Pamela Mazzorana, Director
Herkimer College Child Care Center
100 Reservoir Rd
Herkimer, N.Y. 13350
A registration packet will be sent to you upon completion of this application.
To learn more, visit us in CCC 102 or contact us at 315-866-0300 x8326 or via e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!