Donations to the Library
Gifts are accepted by the Library with the provision that the Library may determine their use. The procedure for handling them follows:
- Gifts are given to the Director or his/her designee to determine if they are useful for the Library collection. Gifts can also be received by the Foundation and forwarded to the Library.
- Those which are determined to be useful are checked against the Library holdings (periodical lists or catalogs) for duplicates.
- Duplicates and materials determined unnecessary for the Library collection are stamped "discard" or “withdrawn” and placed on the open shelves in LB-210 for sale at the next Annual Book Sale.
- Materials to be included in the Library collection are given to the Acquisitions Clerk for processing and cataloging as a new acquisition.
- If requested, the Librarian or Director will send a letter of appreciation to the donor, listing the number of items donated. The Library does not assign a monetary value to gifts.
- The College Foundation will provide donors of equipment and materials with letters of appreciation. A letter will not contain the specific value of a gift made unless such gift is accompanied by a written estimate of value prepared by an independent appraiser at the donor’s expense.
← Return to Policies