Online Human Services A.A.S.
The Human Services program is designed to prepare students for a career in a variety of human service agencies. Students may, for example, find employment as case managers, social work assistants, family advocates, residential counselors or classroom assistants. Students may work with a variety of populations, such as the physically or developmentally disabled, elderly, youth at risk or individuals in crisis.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Identify normal development trends throughout the life span and recognize deviations from normal development
- Identify the social systems that impact the individual’s behavior
- Communicate effectively with a variety of populations
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of appropriate service plans
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately document case records
- Identify community services available to assist clients
Human Services A.A.S. Career Opportunities
- Social worker
- Childcare worker
- Day care teacher
- Probation Officer
- Corrections Worker
- Elderly Service Provider
Human Services Transfer Agreements »
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Online Human Services Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Download the Human Services A.A.S. program page, as published in the 2011-2013 College Catalog
Why wait? You can start taking classes to earn your degree online. Just fill out our online application.