Intro to Crime Analy & Cr Map
Online Course | Course code: CJ127-V1 | CRN: 43440 | Credits: 3 | Seats: 7 / 28
This course runs from August 25, 2014 to December 16, 2014
This course is designed to explore the history of crime analysis and crime mapping in criminal justice organizations. It will cover the functions and processes of crime analysis, the methods used to identify crime patterns, develop statistical techniques used in analysis, and discuss pin mapping as well as computer mapping of crime and the use of Geographical Information Systems in the criminal justice arena. Laboratory exercises will be utilized to further reinforce the concepts learned in the classroom, and will afford the student the opportunity to gain the skills required to perform the various statistical analyses used in crime analysis.
Instructor: Monica Hack Polkosnik
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the On-Line Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Access the course(s) at the SUNY Learning Network (Angel) website one week prior to the course start date.
How do I pay for my course(s)?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.
Note: prospective students can email the course instructor: Monica Hack Polkosnik