All Herkimer College students check your schedules, accounts, unofficial transcripts, pay your bills and more. Internet Academy students, register for classes online now!
Drop a Course
We are sorry to see you go - but we realize that sometimes it is not possible to complete your course(s).
If you want to drop a course, but you do not want to withdraw from Herkimer College, follow these steps:
- Contact the professor - by phone, email, or within your on-line course. Explain your situation. It is possible that special arrangements can be made which would allow you to complete the course.
- If you still wish to drop the course, please email the Herkimer College Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org from your Herkimer College Student Email account. You must include your full name, either the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number OR your entire Herkimer College Student ID Number, and the course information (Subject, Number, Section, Course Name, etc.). You must also state that you would like to drop the course. (You can find more information regarding your Herkimer College Student Email Account and access it online here) Please note that there is a fee for dropping a course. Please also note: It is Herkimer College policy that if you register for a course and log into the course after it begins you have 'attended' that class and are not eligible for a full refund of the tuition. Students are given the opportunity of logging into courses several days before they begin to review the Course Information. Participation in any of the 'Icebreaker' assignments constitutes class participation.
Students will receive a full or partial refund of tuition for early withdrawal when they follow the college withdrawal procedure found in the college catalog.
Withdraw from College
Download or print the Internet Academy withdrawal form from our website, fill it out, and FAX or mail it to the Herkimer College Student Account's Office.
Herkimer College Student Account's Office
100 Reservoir Road
Herkimer, NY 13350
Students who withdraw with a financial obligation must pay this balance to Herkimer College, or their account will be turned over to a collection agency, which could add up to 50% in collection charges.
Academic Complaint Resolution Procedure
Should a student have a complaint concerning academics, the College provides the following procedure.
1. The student should consult the faculty member with whom he/she is experiencing the difficulty. If the problem is not resolved, the student can proceed to Step 2.
2. The student should complete an Academic Issue form which can be obtained from any division office. The responsible Associate Dean will resolve the issue.
3. The student may appeal the decision of the Associate Dean to the Provost. The decision of the Provost is final. The College believes that most issues will be resolved at Step 1.