ACCUPLACER® computerized placement tests are administered for math, sentence skills and reading comprehension. Placement testing is required for all new full-time students prior to registering for classes. These tests are untimed and require only the ability to use a keyboard and a mouse. The results of the tests are used in planning the most appropriate first-semester schedule of coursework for you.
|Starting Semester||Date||Check-in Begins
(Entrance of College Center)
|Session Begins||Seating Availability||Make Reservation|
|Fall 2013||Thu, 6/27/13||10:30 AM||11:00 AM||Open||Schedule|
Please bring a photo ID. Make sure you know your social security number.
Seating for each session is limited, so contact us for your reservations early!
Placement Testing Waivers
The placement test requirement or specific sections of the test may be waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- High school average of 88 or above
- Regents Exams: 80 or higher on Math and/or English Regents
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual sub-tests (reading, writing and math)
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test scores from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level English and/or math, with a grade of C or above (includes concurrent credit/College Now).
- You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of waiver.
Alternative Testing Accommodations
If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for alternative placement testing accommodations. To receive such accommodations, you must request and send current documentation (includes IEP, 504 Plan, most recent psycho-educational evaluation and any applicable medical records) to the Services for Students with Disabilities Office. Please note that high school records are not automatically forwarded without your consent. All documentation must be received one month in advance to allow for review.
Students requesting alternative testing accommodations should contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office at 315-866-0300 x8331 prior to scheduling a placement test reservation.