Human Services A.A.S.Apply Now
The Human Services program is designed to prepare students for a career in a variety of human service agencies. Students may, for example, find employment as case managers, social work assistants, family advocates, residential counselors or classroom assistants. Students may work with a variety of populations, such as the physically or developmentally disabled, elderly, youth at risk or individuals in crisis.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Identify normal development trends throughout the life span and recognize deviations from normal development
- Identify the social systems that impact the individual’s behavior
- Communicate effectively with a variety of populations
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of appropriate service plans
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately document case records
- Identify community services available to assist clients
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Human Services A.A.S.
- Social worker
- Childcare worker
- Day care teacher
- Probation Officer
- Corrections Worker
- Elderly Service Provider
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Human Services A.A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
- Bellevue University*
- Buffalo State College
- Cazenovia College
- Empire State College*
- Russell Sage College
- SUNY Canton
Online Human Services A.A.S. Degree
The Human Services A.A.S. degree program is internet accessible and may be completed entirely online. Learn how!