Medical Coding - Transcriptionist CertificateApply Now
The Medical Coding/Transcriptionist program provides students with the opportunity to gain the entry-level skills necessary to acquire and maintain a position relating to Medical Coding and/or Medical Transcription. Graduates are prepared to:
- Identify and correctly apply ICD-9-CM codes based on the diagnoses presented
- Identify and correctly apply CPT codes based on the surgical procedures presented
- Recognize, understand and spell a variety of medical terms
- Demonstrate proficiency in keying dictated tapes based on medical cases
- Distinguish different medical forms and show familiarity with content
- Communicate effectively
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Medical Coding - Transcriptionist Certificate
This program affords students the ability to gain the competencies needed to successfully acquire and maintain employment in managed care systems, nursing homes, home care agencies, physicians’ offices, hospitals and insurance agencies. Many of the positions in this field are home-based.
Online Medical Coding - Transcriptionist Certificate Degree
The Medical Coding - Transcriptionist Certificate degree program is internet accessible and may be completed entirely online. Learn how!
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure
Program Name: Medical Coding/Transcriptionist
CIP Code: 51.0716
Occupation(s): Medical Transcriptionist
O*Net Link to occupational profiles: http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9094.00
Program costs for New York State residents
Tuition & Fees: $ 4,240
Books & Supplies: $ 1200
Room & Board: $ 8,800
Q. How long will it take me to complete this program?
A. The program is designed to take 1 years to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2012-2013, 73% finished in 1 years.
Q. What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
A. The job placement rate for students who completed this program in 2012-2013 is *%.
* This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Q. What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
A. Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. The median amount of debt for program graduates is shown below:
- Federal loans: $4,750
- Private education loans: $0
- Institutional financing plan: $0
The school has elected to provide the following additional information: 85% of program graduates used loans to help finance their costs for this program.