Fall Session 2021
Torts & Personal Injury
Online Course | Course code: PL251-V1 | CRN: 40819 | Credits: 3 | Seats: 36 / 56
This course runs from September 07, 2021 to December 23, 2021
This course provides a solid foundation in tort and personal injury law. Focus is on a thorough exploration of intentional torts, negligence, vicarious liability and strict liability and the appropriate legal defenses to each. The skills developed throughout this course will enable the student to identify, research, and analyze possible tort liability from different perspectives and in a variety of factual settings. Note: Offered fall semesters only.
Use this link to lookup course materials: Official Herkimer County Community College Textbooks
Instructor: Mark Polkosnik
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the Online Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Access Herkimer Online Courses several days prior to the course start date.
How do I pay for my course(s)?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.
Note: prospective students can email the course instructor: Mark Polkosnik