Fall Session 2021
Essentials of Writing (ALP)
Online Course | Course code: EN003-VAP | CRN: 41350 | Credits: 3 | Seats: 5 / 10
This course runs from September 07, 2021 to December 23, 2021
This course provides intensive instruction and practice in writing starting with brainstorming, drafting, and organization. It is designed to practice writing coherent paragraphs and essays for specific audiences; each unit of study includes drafting, revision, and editing processes as well as instruction in grammar and mechanics. This course is part of the Accelerated Learning Program (ALP). Students will have the opportunity to finish EN003 Essentials of Writing AND EN111 College Writing at the same time. After successful completion, students will have met their General Education Basic Communications requirement, which means they can move forward with their college and career goals at Herkimer County Community College.*** Please note: The course is a remedial course and does award college level credit. EN003 will not count toward any degree requirement including elective credit, but it does count as part of student?s course load for the semester; it also counts toward financial aid eligibility, and eligibility to live in campus housing.
Use this link to lookup course materials: Official Herkimer County Community College Textbooks
Instructor: Jason Brown
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the Online Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Access Herkimer Online Courses several days prior to the course start date.
How do I pay for my course(s)?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.
Note: prospective students can email the course instructor: Jason Brown