Fall Session 2021
Literature for Children
Online Course | Course code: EN117-V90 | CRN: 41591 | Credits: 3 | Seats: 1 / 1
This course runs from September 07, 2021 to December 23, 2021
This course is designed as a survey of literature written for children. Emphasis is on the selection, analysis, and comprehensive knowledge of books for children from toddler through junior high school ages. The course introduces practical aspects of fostering literacy development in young children. It focuses on emerging and early literacy in the home, early care, and in educational settings with an emphasis on ages three through 10. The students will study strategies for holistic integration of the various literacy processes. It addresses the role of children's literature, the relationship between early language development and literacy opportunities and methods for developing language, and positive attitudes toward books. This course has an embedded lab experience in the preschool where students will apply concepts they have learned in class.
Use this link to lookup course materials: Official Herkimer County Community College Textbooks
Instructor: Lisa Reile
How to Register
- Begin the registration process by submitting the Online Non-Matriculated Application Form.
- Register for your course(s) using Student Online Services.
- Access Herkimer Online Courses several days prior to the course start date.
How do I pay for my course(s)?
- View your charges using Student Online Services. Select "Student Services," then select “Account Summary by Term.” You can then view your charges for the Summer term.
- Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date of the bill to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To make an electronic payment, select "Make Electronic Payment", from the links listed under the Student Services tab of Student Online Services, and pay your bill using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or ACH from your checking or savings account. You may also pay over the phone at 315-866-0300 x8315.
Note: prospective students can email the course instructor: Lisa Reile