Writing Test for Online Students
What you need to know.
English Placement Exam
All Internet Academy students in a degree program must submit a half-hour writing sample prior to registering for English I. Please be sure to apply for admission BEFORE submitting your writing sample. You will not receive your scores until you have been accepted.
Note: Do not click on the link to the writing sample until you are ready to complete the activity.
You will be notified of the results of your writing sample via email, and information will be provided regarding appropriate section placement.
Note: You do not have to take the online English placement exam if you meet one of the following criteria:
- High school average of 88 or above
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual sub-tests (reading, writing, and math)
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test scores from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level English, with a grade of C or above.
- College Now: Completed courses with a grade of C or above.
- You are a non-matriculated student
Submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of any waivers.