Accepted Student Checklist
Congratulations on your acceptance to Herkimer College!
Getting ready for college can be exciting and challenging and we hope this checklist will prepare you for the start of your college career.
What Do I Have Left To Do?
- Register for Classes: On-campus students need to sign up for a Registration Day. Internet Academy students will be contacted by the Admissions Office in order to set up a registration appointment over the phone or email.
- Make $50 Advance Tuition Deposit: Confirm your interest in attending Herkimer by sending in your $50 deposit.
- Find A Place To Live: Are you looking to live on-campus, off-campus or are you commuting? Learn more about the various housing options offered. Students have the responsibility of securing your own housing.
- Send In Your Health Records: Herkimer College students are required to show proof of immunizations. Failure to provide all mandatory documentation will result in de-registration from school.
- File For Financial Aid: Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Get your FSA ID and apply online at www.fafsa.gov. or you can get more information from the Financial Aid office.
- Take A Placement Test: In order to gauge your academic skill level, you are required to take a placement test in Math and English. Visit placement testing for a list of testing dates and info.
- Send in Your Certificate of Residency: To qualify for reduced resident tuition fees, you must provide proof of legal New York State residence. The college Student Account's Office will send the form and instructions with your bill. This form must be sent in NO sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes. Print the form and find out more.
- Get Your Student ID Card: Your photo ID will be taken at the bookstore; it is your library card, Generals Cash Card, shuttle bus pass, and can be used for free access to student activities throughout the campus.
- Purchase Your Books: Books go on sale two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Visit the Herkimer College Bookstore for details.
Have A Question?
If you have additional questions please call us at 315-574-4028, toll free at: 1-888-464-4222 x8278 or contact admissions.
Our mailing address is:
100 Reservoir Road
Herkimer, NY 13350