This state grant is for students who were first time freshmen in 2006-2007 or there after, who are New York State residents attending a New York State college taking 6-11 credit hours. Eligible students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and have earned at least 12 credit hours in each of the previous two semesters. All 24 credit hours must have been earned at the institution they are requesting the award from. Funds may be applied to tuition only. New York State Higher Education Serviced Corporation administers this program.
- Award Amounts: Percentage of full time TAP award based on registered credits up to the cost of Tuition.
- How to Apply: Complete a TAP application
- Duration: Awarded each semester
- Repayment: This is a grant, no repayment is required
- Eligibility:See State Financial Aid Requirements