Apply » International Programs » After Herkimer College

What Do International Students Do After Herkimer College?

International students have bright futures when they have a Herkimer College education. We rank among the top community colleges in America for our high student success rates. An impressive number of Herkimer College students graduate and transfer to prestigious four-year colleges and universities or begin exciting careers in the United States, their home country, or someplace else.

We have many articulation agreements with other schools and provide helpful services to ensure our students are able to transfer smoothly. Our students have gone on to a diverse array of top schools, including Cornell University, Hamilton College, Ithaca College, Clarkson University, Northeastern University, Utica College, Rochester Institute of Technology, Syracuse University, The College of Saint Rose and every four year college in the State University of New York system.

Students who are interested in beginning their careers in the United States after graduation can apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT). This is a temporary work permits that allows F-1 students to be employed off campus for up to 12 months.

Whatever you decide you would like to do after Herkimer College, our staff is excited to help. To discuss your goals, feel free to contact them anytime, at:

Phone: (315) 574-4005
Fax: (315) 866-8189
Office: LB 027- Center for Global Learning
Skype Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm USA EST

Request Information