Registration Options for New Accepted On-Campus Students
Registration Days provide new accepted students and parents/guardians with the opportunity to visit campus and complete all the necessary steps needed to become a Herkimer College student. The day will be fun and informative and includes completing your course registration for your first semester classes. Representatives from Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Residence Life & Housing, Health Records, Academic Support Services, Athletics, and the Center for Student Leadership & Involvement will all be available. Come as an accepted student; leave as an official Herkimer College student!
If you are an accepted student, please click here to reserve your day!
If you are unable to attend a Registration Day, please contact the Admissions Office (315-574-4028 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for alternate arrangements.
About Placement Testing
Placement testing helps us place students in the correct math course to ensure success. It is required for all new full-time students, unless exempt, prior to registering for classes.
The ACCUPLACER® computerized placement test is untimed and requires only the ability to use a keyboard and a mouse. The results of the test are used in planning the most appropriate first-semester schedule of coursework for you.
The placement test requirement, or specific sections of the test, may be waived if you meet one of the following criteria for exemption:
- High school average of 88 or above
- 80 or higher on Math Regents
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual math sub-test
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test score from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level math, with a grade of C or above (includes concurrent credit/College Now).
- You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of exemptions.
* Exemptions will be determined at the time your reservation is processed. Students reserving their seat online will receive email confirmation of their Registration Day and possible exemptions if applicable.
Alternative Testing Accommodations
If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for alternative placement testing accommodations. To receive such accommodations, you must request and send current documentation (includes IEP, 504 Plan, most recent psycho-educational evaluation and any applicable medical records) to the Services for Students with Disabilities Office. Please note that high school records are not automatically forwarded without your consent. All documentation must be received one month in advance to allow for review.
Students requesting alternative testing accommodations should contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office at 315-866-0300 x8331 in addition to scheduling your Registration Day.
To prepare for the placement test you are encouraged to practice using the link below. Please note, Herkimer College administers the Elementary Algebra subtest of Accuplacer.