Faculty & Staff FAQs
How do I access Degree Works?
Please review this document: How to use Degree Works
How do I access my email from off campus?
How do I log into Banner Self Service?
How do I use Track-It?
Where may I find the Faculty/Staff forms?
They are stored on myherkimer here: (https://portalappprod.herkimer.edu/uPortal/render.userLayoutRootNode.uP)
How do I dispose of obsolete Computer equipment?
Asset Disposal Process:
- Complete a fixed asset disposal form found on MyHerkimer. These forms need to be typed and require the signature of the Department head / Associate Dean and the Executive Director of Information Technology.
- Deliver the form to the Information Technology Computer Technicians. They will ensure the equipment is placed in proper disposal bins. They will also arrange disposal with the Facilities department.
- Information Technology will deliver the completed forms to the Controller after the equipment has been disposed.
How do I setup my college Email onto my phone?
- Account Type: Corporate Sync, Exchange
- Domain\Username: HCCC email username (‘hccc\’ not needed unless specified)
- Note: If domain has its own text box, enter in hccc
- Password: HCCC email password
- Use secure connection: Checked
- Email address: <hccc email username>@herkimer.edu
- Email Server: mail.herkimer.edu
*Accept any certificates that the software may inquire about
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Users
- Click Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click Add Account
- Click Microsoft Exchange
- Enter the following information
- Email - Full email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Domain - HCCC
- Username - HCCC username (ex. doejm123)
- Password - HCCC password
- Description - Unique description (ex. HCCC Email, Work Email, etc)
- Click Next
- Enter the following address for the server - mail.herkimer.edu
- Click Next
**Choose whether you want your Contacts/Calendar/Emails synchronized