Registration Options for New Accepted On-Campus Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Herkimer College!
Our Fall 2019 registration will open in late April. Please check back in March for more details!
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 315-574-4028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Placement Testing
Placement testing helps us place students in the correct math course to ensure success. It is required for all new full-time students, unless exempt, prior to registering for classes.
The ACCUPLACER® computerized placement test is untimed and requires only the ability to use a keyboard and a mouse. The results of the test are used in planning the most appropriate first-semester schedule of coursework for you.
The placement test requirement, or specific sections of the test, may be waived if you meet one of the following criteria for exemption:
- High school average of 88 or above
- 80 or higher on Math Regents
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual math sub-test
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test score from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level math, with a grade of C or above (includes concurrent credit/College Now).
- You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of exemptions.
* Exemptions will be determined at the time your reservation is processed. Students reserving their seat online will receive email confirmation of START date and possible exemptions.
Alternative Testing Accommodations
If you have a documented disability, you may be eligible for alternative placement testing accommodations. To receive such accommodations, you must request and send current documentation (includes IEP, 504 Plan, most recent psycho-educational evaluation and any applicable medical records) to the Services for Students with Disabilities Office. Please note that high school records are not automatically forwarded without your consent. All documentation must be received one month in advance to allow for review.
Students requesting alternative testing accommodations should contact the Services for Students with Disabilities office at 315-866-0300 x8331 in addition to scheduling a placement test reservation.
To prepare for the placement test you are encouraged to practice using the link below. Please note, Herkimer College administers the Elementary Algebra subtest of Accuplacer.