1. How much does it cost to take a College Now course?
    The 2018-19 part-time resident tuition rate for students taking courses off campus is $65 per credit hour. A $9.00 per credit hour College Now scholarship is funded by the Herkimer County College Foundation for the 2018/19 academic year.

2. What are the payment options?
    Students have the following options to pay their College Now tuition bill:

  • Pay online at www.herkimer.edu/payment using credit/debit card or ACH payment from checking or savings. Please note, the online system does not take American Express and it is recommended to use Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.
  • Pay in person at the Student Accounts Office using cash, credit/debit, or check. The office is located in the College Center and can be reached at 315-547-4015.
  • Mail a check or money order made payable to Herkimer College to: Herkimer College, Student Accounts Office, 100 Reservoir Road, Herkimer, NY 13350.
  • Call in payment with a credit/debit card to 315-547-4015.
  • Pay with credit/debit or check using the form each student receives each semester from their school counselor.

3. Is there a maximum number of credits a student can take each semester?
    Yes. Students can take a maximum of 11 credits each semester. If a student takes a full year 
    course (one that starts in September and ends in June), the credits only count towards their
    maximum in the Fall semester, not the Spring. Your school counselor will be able to tell you if a
    course is semester or full year.

4. What do I do if I want to drop a course? Is there a deadline?

  • If you want to drop a course, you need to complete a Herkimer College Drop/Add form with your counselor and send it to: Herkimer College, Registrars Office, 100 Reservoir Road, Herkimer, NY 13350. It is not enough to drop the course from your high school schedule; you must drop it with Herkimer College. If you don’t, you will earn a grade and it is usually a “F”.
  • Yes, there is a deadline. The deadlines for adding, dropping, and withdrawing from a course is provided to students at the start of each semester. Your school counselor will also have these dates.
  • Even if you drop a course before the deadline, you may still owe a balance on your student account. Make sure you understand the financial impact BEFORE registering for or dropping a College Now course. If you have questions, please contact the Student Accounts Office at (315) 574-4002.

5. Will my Herkimer College credits transfer? How do I transfer my credits to another college or  university?

  • Under Open SUNY, your Herkimer College credits will transfer to another SUNY school if the earned grade is a C or better; however, how they are applied is up to the individual college or university. For colleges/universities outside the SUNY system, it is up to them if they accept the credits. We encourage students to contact the schools they are interested in attending and ask them their transfer policy.
  • To order an official transcript, you need to complete a Transcript Request form through the Registrars Office. There is a $14 fee for each official transcript. Additional instructions can be found at http://www.herkimer.edu/learn/k-12-outreach/college-now-program/grades-and-transcripts/.
← Return to College Now Program