1. How much does it cost to take a College Now course?
Herkimer College will waive tuition for College Now courses for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The 2018-19 College Now tuition rate is $65 per credit hour. A $9.00 per credit hour College Now scholarship is funded by the Herkimer County College Foundation for the 2018-19 academic year.
2. What if I have a balance for a previous semester?
Please be aware that if you have a prior tuition balance for a College Now class(es), the balance must be paid in full before registering for the 2019-20 academic year.
3. I understand I need to provide a Certificate of Residence. How do I do that?
Students have to provide a Certificate of Residence as part of the registration requirement. Students who are residents of Herkimer County need only complete the Affidavit for Certificate of Residence, have their signature notarized, and return it to the Student Accounts Office at the college (they do not need to go to the Herkimer County Treasurer’s Office).
Students who are residents from outside of Herkimer County must obtain a Certificate of Residence from the county in which they live (permanent home residence). Students must apply to the county’s Chief Fiscal Officer (in most cases, it is the County Treasurer’s Office). Residency forms are valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Download forms here.
All residency forms should be returned to:
Student Accounts Office
100 Reservoir Road
Herkimer, NY 13350
3. Is there a maximum number of credits a student can take each semester?
Yes. Students can take a maximum of 11 credits each semester. If a student takes a full year
course (one that starts in September and ends in June), the credits only count towards their
maximum in the Fall semester, not the Spring. Your school counselor will be able to tell you if a
course is semester or full year.
4. What do I do if I want to drop a course? Is there a deadline?
- If you want to drop a course, you need to complete a Herkimer College Drop/Add form with your counselor and send it to: Herkimer College, Registrars Office, 100 Reservoir Road, Herkimer, NY 13350. It is not enough to drop the course from your high school schedule; you must drop it with Herkimer College. If you don’t, you will earn a grade and it is usually a “F”.
- Yes, there is a deadline. The deadlines for adding, dropping, and withdrawing from a course is provided to students at the start of each semester. Your school counselor will also have these dates.
5. Will my Herkimer College credits transfer? How do I transfer my credits to another college or university?
- Under Open SUNY, your Herkimer College credits will transfer to another SUNY school if the earned grade is a C or better; however, how they are applied is up to the individual college or university. For colleges/universities outside the SUNY system, it is up to them if they accept the credits. We encourage students to contact the schools they are interested in attending and ask them their transfer policy.
- To order an official transcript, you need to complete a Transcript Request form through the Registrars Office. There is a $14 fee for each official transcript. Additional instructions can be found at http://www.herkimer.edu/learn/k-12-outreach/college-now-program/grades-and-transcripts/.