English Placement Exam
All Internet Academy students in a degree program must submit a writing sample prior to registering for EN 111 - English I. (On-campus students must contact the Admissions Department to schedule Placement Testing on-campus.) Please be sure to apply for admission BEFORE submitting your writing sample. In order to receive a score for your test, you must be an accepted student.
The writing sample will take up to ½ hour. Do not click on the link to the writing sample until you are ready to complete the activity.
You will be notified of the results of your writing sample via email and information will be provided regarding appropriate section placement. Please remember, you must provide a working email address when you submit the writing sample.
Note: You do not have to take the Online English Placement Test if you meet one of the following criteria:
- High school average of 88 or above
- SAT: 500 minimum on individual sub-tests (reading, writing and math)
- ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
- Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test scores from the past two years
- Transfer credit: College level English, with a grade of C or above.
- College Now: Completed courses with a grade of C or above.
- You are a non-matriculated student
You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of any waivers.← Return to Welcome to the Internet Academy