Prepare for a career in the fast-paced world of marketing.
The marketing program helps prepare students for a career in the fast-paced world of marketing. The program emphasizes marketing principles and existing practices. This career choice provides students with diverse career opportunities. This field is proving to be one of the fastest growing fields of employment opportunities.
The goals of this program are to:
- prepare students to use various market research techniques;
- introduce students to advertising techniques;
- prepare students to understand the need for developing a marketing plan; and
- expose students to the use of technology/computers to help find solutions to common business applications.
Successful graduates from this program will be able to:
- apply research tools to business applications;
- identify and reflect upon various techniques used in advertising;
- appreciate the value and relation of a marketing plan to the effective management of a business plan; and
- perform and apply basic statistics to solve business problems by using computers/technology.
Frank Elias put his marketing degree and practical experience to good use when he started the Utica Coffee Roasting Co. “It was a social mission as well as a business,” he explains. “It’s a for-profit business, but we wanted to help revitalize downtown Utica.”
Using his marketing degree fundamentals and diverse experiences, Elias created a brand that said it all in one picture – quality, innovation, and hometown pride. His two locations are popular, ranking in the top 15 of more than 160 restaurants in Utica on TripAdvisor with a Certificate of Excellence.
Elias remembers his time at Herkimer College fondly. “The culture of the school was small, personal,” he says. “The personal relationships, the personal aspect, really makes Herkimer stand out.”
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Marketing A.A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Marketing A.A.S.
Graduates find employment with marketing agencies, newspapers, trade journals, telephone companies, banks, computer industries, government and private industry. Specific titles may include: sales representative, marketing management trainee, market analyst and public relations employee.