Business Administration A.S.
A strong background in business that prepares you for transfer.
The Business Administration A.S. degree program provides you with a strong background in business and prepares you for transfer to a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration. The core courses will give you the total picture of general management.
Understand basic management principles and fundamentals of accounting, marketing and computer technology. Become familiar with terminology used in the business legal environment and learn effective communication.
- Business Organization & Management
- Computer Applications
- Business Communications
- Business Law
In 2014, Michael Fanelli was promoted to partner at McGladrey, LLP. “I am now an owner in the company,” he explains. “I lead merger and acquisition due diligence projects, key companywide initiatives, people management, all as a partner in the fifth largest accounting, tax and consulting firm in the US.”
Fanelli is also one of the youngest partners of the firm. “You have to deliver quality work and interface well with clients, develop team members and promote yourself, too, as well as management taking notice of you... It’s really a people business, the higher you go.”
In part, Fanelli credits Herkimer College for his success today. “With hard work and dedication, you can get to where you want to be quickly.”
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Business Administration A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
- Bellevue University*
- Berkeley College*
- Canisius College
- Cazenovia College
- DeSales University*
- Empire State College*
- Excelsior College *
- Morrisville State College
- Niagara University
- St. John Fisher College
- SUNY Buffalo State
- SUNY Canton - Finance B.B.A.
- SUNY Canton - Management B.B.A.
- SUNY Cobleskill - Agriculture Business Management
- SUNY Cobleskill - Business Administration
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Accounting B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Business Administration B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Economics B.A. or B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Entrepreneurship B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Finance B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Global Supply Chain Management
- SUNY Plattsburgh - International Business B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Management B.S.
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Management Information Systems
- SUNY Plattsburgh - Marketing B.S.
- SUNY Potsdam
- The College of Saint Rose
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Business Administration A.S.
- Employee Relations
- General Manager
- Store Manager
- Administrative Executive
- Human Resource Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Chief Executive Officer
- Administrative Executive