Health Professions A.S.
The need for trained and qualified health care professionals today is crucial.
From nurses to physical therapists to medical technologists, spots are waiting to be filled. If you aspire to a career in the medical field, take a look at our new Health Professions A.S. degree program.
The Health Professions program is designed to prepare students for successful transfer into a variety of bachelor's degree programs in health-related fields. The curriculum provides students with multiple pathways to attain the skills, knowledge and experience required for patient-based or technology-based healthcare occupations.
Students can choose from the following tracks:
- Pre-Medical (Medical Technology and Medical Biotechnology)
- Pre-Nursing (Medical Imaging Sciences, Radiation Therapy and Respiratory Therapy)
- Pre-Physical Therapy
Pre-Medical (Medical Technology and Medical Biotechnology)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Researcher
- Industrial Researcher
- Bachelors degree in area of interest - A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites for Medical Technology or Medical Biotechnology minus Liberal Arts requirement
Pre-Nursing (Medical Imaging Sciences, Radiation Therapy, Respiratory Therapy)
- Ultrasound Technologist
- Radiation Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- RN Program- A.S. fulfills prerequisites for St. Elizabeth's College of Nursing
- Radiation Therapy Program- A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites minus Liberal Arts requirement
- Medical Imaging Science- A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites for BPS program
- Respiratory Therapy Program- A.S. fulfills SUNY Upstate prerequisites minus Liberal Arts requirement
- Physical Therapist
- Bachelors degree in area of interest, Doctor of Physical Therapy professional school- A.S. fulfills prerequisites for SUNY Upstate DPT program minus Bachelors degree
Those interested in the Pre-Med track to become a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) should register as a Liberal Arts and Science: Science major.