English Placement Essay
- This essay will help determine which English course best suits your ability.
- This placement will be mandatory, so you should write as well as you can. Use the full 1/2 hour allotted for the writing so that you can produce a clear well-developed essay.
- Write a composition on one of the topics below.
- Plan your writing:
- Develop a workable central idea.
- Use specific details to support the central idea.
- Clearly organize the information in a series of paragraphs
- Be certain that all the information relates to the topic.
- After writing your composition, check it for correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- The time limit is 30 minutes, please choose a topic and proceed to the exam form below.
Choose either Topic A or B, not both.
Select one of the following sayings and explain what it means to you and how you have seen it play out in your life or in the life of someone you know.
- "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. "
- "Liars must have good memories."
Describe a career you think you would hate and explain why you think you would hate it.