- Herkimer County Community College Academic Advisement and Support Services - Learn what free support services are available, as well as how to access them remotely.
- How do I access NetTutor? - This step-by-step guide will walk students through accessing e-tutoring, available by class.
- Using Generals Online - Check out this instruction form to learn how to access Generals Online (GO) for the first time. Don't forget to change your password!
- Introductory Student Guide for Starfish - Starfish is Herkimer College's online student portal, giving students a central location to connect to the people and services that can help them be successful.
- "How to Succeed as an Online Student" - Herkimer College student Carynn Bohley shares her experience, advice, and words of encouragement as a current Internet Academy student.
"A College Student’s 7 Tips For Transitioning To Online Classes" - A blog from Mental Health America
- Library resources are available remotely to Herkimer College students. The Library offers a number of ways to access resources digitally through their online catalog and digital databases. Students will need to login to MyHerkimer first to access all the features.
Students in need of personalized assistance can reach library staff in a number of ways:
By phone: 315-866-0300 ext. 8394 or ext. 8272 or Toll-free: 1-844-GO4-HERK ext. 8394.
By text: 315-836-3796
They can also be reached using LIBANSWERS by clicking on the “CHAT WITH US” box on the library's webpage. During non-business/off-peak hours, students can connect with a librarian for help using the “ASK US 24/7” featured on the left hand column of the page.
Please note that Interlibrary Loan has been temporarily suspended (per SUNY guidelines)
- Career Services - Staff in the Career Services office are available remotely. See a list of emails, as well as our online services HireHerkimer and Focus.
- Counseling Center Support Services - We understand the pandemic has made life stressful on many fronts. Our Counseling Center compiled several online resources, as well as information on how to contact our trained staff, for students looking for assistance.
Guided imagery, mindfulness, and meditation exercises - These free resources from Therapy Assistance Online can help soothe and calm the mind in this time of turmoil.
- Virtual Activities - Beat cabin fever with this amazing list of virtual and DIY activities compiled by our Center for Student Leadership & Involvement!
Have other concerns? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and concerns.