We know some people may start to feel stir-crazy staying home, but it's currently our best bet to help stop the spread of COVID-19. But there are still a wealth of fun, educational things that can be done indoors. Our Center for Student Leadership & Involvement staff compiled the following list of virtual activities.
- National Gallery of Art(Washington, D.C.)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art(New York, N.Y.)
- I Love NY app
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art(Gwacheon-si, South Korea)
- Van Gogh Museum(Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The National Museum of Anthropology(Mexico City, Mexico)
- The British Museum(London, England)
- The Louvre(Paris, France)
- The Hyde Collection (Glens Falls, N.Y.)
- Ellis Island
- Colonial Williamsburg
- Fort Ticonderoga
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Parkand five other national parks
- Great Wall of China
- Mars on the Curiosity Rover
- Virtual National Park Tours
- National Mall Cherry Blossom Bloom Cam
- Historic Saranac Lake Laboratory
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Atlanta Zoo (Panda Cam)
- Georgia Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Animal Cams
- Cincinnati Zoo Live Safaris
- The Wild Center in Tupper Lake, NY is offering virtual classes
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems. Hangout with a creative artist as he teaches you how to create some fun doodles! Every day at 1 p.m.
- Learn to make towel animals!
- Free. Coloring. Books.
- Planet Fitness is committed to helping you workout from home! Check out their Facebook link for more information!
- Channeling your inner yogi? Core Power Yoga is streaming all sorts of classes which you can do right from your bedroom!
- FitWell Virtual Classes
- CorePower Yoga hosts on demand classes to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room.
- Colorado fitness professional Alex Vaughan offers live dance classes on YouTube through Zook Dance Fitness or learn a routine for a specific song from the previously recorded videos.
- Take on stress with an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own. Guided meditations can be downloaded in both English and Spanish.
- Peleton Fitness App - No Equipment Required
- Daily Burn Fitness App
- Fitness Blender Workout Videos
- FitOn Fitness App
- YMCA 360 Health & Fitness Videos
- Yoga with Adrienne
- Down Dog - Yoga App
- Headspace - Mindfulness App
- Headspace - Free meditation exercises for New Yorkers
- Coping Calendar
- The Science of Well-Being - Free Online Courses from Yale
- Alehouse Sessions
- ETHEL with Robert Mirabal
- Here are some Broadway shows you can watch from your couch!
- Do you love a good poem? Poets.org is releasing a Poem-a-Day!
- Watch Netflix Party! This platform allows you and your friends to watch Netflix shows and movies at the same time, while interacting through a chat platform!
- Create a collaborative playlist!
- io - Virtual "Pictionary"
- Virtual Board Games
- Online Video Games
- Virtual Disney Ride Tours
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room
- Jackbox Games
- Online Trivia Generator
- Online Card Games
- Next Level Gaming eSports Tournaments
- NFL Game Pass - Free Until 5/31/2020
- NBA League Pass - Free Until 4/22/2020
- Netflix Party
- Let's Gaze - Long Distance Movie Nights
- Free Audiobooks on Audible
- New York Public Library - Free E-Books
- Libby - Access online books through your library
- Online Music Festival & Events Calendar
- Metropolitian Opera Livestream
- 15 Virtual Broadway Plays/Musicals
- Cinderella by Rogers and Hammerstein (1965)
- Stars in the House - Daily Concert Livestream
- Watch live concerts streamed from The Grand Ole Opry
- Rosetta Stone is giving students FREE access to all their services for 3 months
- Khan Academy - Online courses, lessons, & test preparation
- Coursera - Online courses from accredited universities
- EdX - Online Learning Platform
- Duolingo - Learn a new language for free
- MBTI Personality Test
- Career Explorer
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Vault - Career Advice, Industry Research, & More
Virtual Disney World
Who knew that you could take a trip to Disney World in your PJs?!
- Space Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- It’s A Small World in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Ever After at Epcot
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at Tomorrowland
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Complete the 2020 Census online.