Your Academic Advisor, Your Partner for Success.
Each student is assigned an academic advisor to help ensure they successfully achieve their educational goals. The advisor's chief responsibility is to assist students in planning their program of study. Generally this includes, but is not limited to:
- Explaining to the student the program as it relates to career and/or transfer goals
- Helping the student to understand graduation requirements in the student's curriculum
- Providing a link to the college's counseling services
- Assisting the student with scheduling and course adjustments (drop/add)
- Providing referrals and advice to ensure academic progress
Your advisor can also help you change your major, meet your general education requirements, explain academic standards and regulations, and teach you how to use Degree Works to track your educational progress online.
All entering students are given an advisor assignment within the student's specific curriculum. The student stays with this advisor throughout the student's tenure unless a change is made to another academic program. It is the student's responsibility to meet with the advisor, seeking the advisor's assistance when needed, and to insure that all requirements for graduation are met.
The academic advising program is under the direction of the Director of the Advisement Center. Students may walk in, but it's best to arrange an appointment ahead of time if at all possible.
The Academic Advisement Center is located in RMCC 302. To make an appointment or contact an advisor, call 315-574-4029 or submit an information request. If you don’t know who your advisor is, click here and we’ll help you contact them.