Your Library is a Powerful Resource
Herkimer College is proud to be home to the Ronald F. Williams Library building. The Library staff is dedicated to helping and teaching users to navigate the often-complex world of information.
Located on the second and third floors of the Library building, the Library’s hours for student and faculty use are:
Regular Summer Hours May 13 - August 24:
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Saturday: Closed
- CLOSED Fridays July 4, 11, 18, 25 and August 1.
Regular Semester Hours, August 25 - December 16:
- Sunday: 4pm - 9pm (closed holiday weekends)
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 9pm
- Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Saturday: Closed
Our full-service Library offers:
- A comfortable environment to study, read, and research
- Equal services to on-campus and on-line students
- More than 60,000 print books
- 18,000 electronic books that can be accessed through an online catalog
- 200 print periodicals subscriptions
- A variety of online reference databases, providing access to thousands of magazines, journals, and reference works
- An online interLibrary loan system and agreements that allow students to borrow materials from other libraries
- Introductions to Library resources through scheduled tours, workshops, courses, and one-on-one instruction
- Librarians to assist students most hours the Library is open and provide Research Help and Tips. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff looks forward to helping you with a wide array of topics, such as finding books and articles, taking full advantage of our collections, and properly citing your sources
- A text service for quick Library answers available by texting 315-836-3796
- An online chat service for questions
Have a suggestion for the Library? Let us know.
Want to know more about our policies? View this page.
To ask questions or learn more, contact us at:
Reference Desk: 315-866-0300 ext. 8394 or text 315-836-3796
Reference Desk, Toll-free: 1-844-GO4-HERK ext. 8394
Circulation Desk: 315-866-0300 ext.8272
Not feeling chatty? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or text questions to 315-836-3796.