Herkimer College Quick Facts
As you explore our website, you’ll quickly understand why Herkimer College offers the premier two-year SUNY experience. Because there is so much information on the site, we’ve collected a list of QuickFacts that anyone considering Herkimer College should know. These are below:
- Herkimer College has been named, by the Aspen Institute, one of the nation’s top 150 community colleges.
- Herkimer College has been ranked as the second best community college in New York State for the 2016-2017 academic year by EDsmart.org.
- Herkimer College is ranked eighth best community college in New York State by Schools.com.
- Herkimer College is ranked in the top 100 community colleges in the nation for student success, based on our impressive graduation and transfer rates (by CNN Money).
- Herkimer offers more than 40 associate degree and certificate programs.
- Herkimer College has an estimated annual economic impact of 75 million dollars in Herkimer County.
- The Herkimer Generals are among the top-ranked athletic programs in the nation among two-year non-scholarship athletic programs (first place in the 2014-15 and 2013-14 NATYCAA Cup awarded based on national championship competitions).
- Herkimer College tuition is only $4,270 per year for residents and $7,000 per year for out-of-state and international students. Herkimer College students may qualify for free tuition through New York State's Excelsior Scholarship program.
- Eighty percent of Herkimer College students receive some form of financial aid.
- The Internet Academy offers 19 degree and three certificate programs, as well as support services, entirely online.
- High-quality on-campus childcare is available, and some students may be eligible for financial assistance to help pay for these services.
- Residential students live in spacious, fully furnished, on-campus apartments.
With more than 600 students living on campus and a variety of student activities and events, Herkimer College students enjoy the complete college experience.
Get the Facts