ANGEL Student Center
Have a question? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
Access Your Course
If you are registered for one of the above courses, you will be able to access your course several days before the course begins at:
Please be sure to add the direct link to ANGEL to your Bookmarks or Favorites in your web browser so that you can access the site directly whenever you need to. Your ANGEL Username will be your Herkimer College Student Email Address. You can determine your Herkimer College Email Address below, and therefore your ANGEL Username.
ANGEL Username/Password Information
Your ANGEL username will be the first seven characters of your last name (if your last name is less than seven characters, then you would use your entire last name), first name initial and last 3 digits of your Herkimer College assigned Student ID Number followed by “@herkimer.edu”, or your entire Herkimer College Student Email Address.
- John Doe with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00075123 would enter his ANGEL username as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Patterson with a Herkimer College ID Number of H00077987 would enter her ANGEL username as email@example.com
You can look up your Herkimer College Student Email Address (and therefore ANGEL Username) using Student Online Services. Just view your Student E-mail Address, it will be listed as your College E-mail Address.
Your Angel Password will initially be “hcccangel”, without the quotes. You must change your password as soon as you are able to login. If you have logged into ANGEL previously and changed your password but do not remember what it was, please select the “I forgot my password” link. On the next page enter your Herkimer College Student Email Address and then check your Herkimer College Student WebMail account for the response.
Access Your Herkimer College Student Email Account
You can access your Outlook Web App (OWA) also known as webmail from your computer by following these steps listed below. (use Internet Explorer for best results).
At login you will need to enter your credentials. Your username is the first seven (7) letters of your last name, the first (1) letter of your first name and the last three (3) digits of your Herkimer College ID number (H number). Example:
- Student Name: John Smithson
College ID: H99123101
- Student Name: John Doe
College ID: H00075123
Your initial password will be your 8-digit birthdate in the following format: MMDDYYYY. For example, John Doe who was born on January 1, 1990 would initially have a password of 01011990. Jane Patterson who was born on December 28, 1992 would initially have a password of 12281992. Students will be required to change their password the first time they login. The new password should be between 8 and 20 characters long and it cannot be any of the last 5 passwords you have used.
If you experience any problems please contact the Help Desk as follows: Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.866.0300 x8555.
How to Determine your Herkimer College ID
You can use your Herkimer College ID in place of your Social Security Number when logging into Student Online Services and when contacting Herkimer College by telephone and email. You will also need your Herkimer College ID to determine both your ANGEL Username and your MyHerkimer Username.
- Login to your Student Online Services (SOS) Account available here: https://onlineservices.herkimer.edu:11101/pls/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin. Initially, you can login using your Social Security Number as your User ID, no dashes, no spaces.
- Once logged into your SOS account, please select the Student Services tab.
- From the available menu, please select the Student Services link.
- Select Academic Transcript from the available menu.
- Leave the drop-down menu options in their default state. Click the Submit button.
- You Herkimer College ID will be available in the upper right-hand corner just before your name. It begins with an “H”.
If you need any assistance with logging into your Student Online Services Account, please contact our Help Desk at (315) 866-0300, ext. 8555 or email them at email@example.com.
Additional Assistance with your ANGEL Courses
The Open SUNY Help Desk (1-800-875-6269 by telephone or visit http://open.suny.edu/support/contact-us/current-students/) is available to assist you.
If you need further information from Herkimer College, contact the Internet Academy at 315-574-4006 or toll-free in NYS at (888)464-4222 x8742 or via our request information page.