ANGEL Student Center
Have a question? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
Access Your Course
If you are registered for one of the above courses, you will be able to access your course several days before the course begins at:
Please be sure to add the direct link to ANGEL to your Bookmarks or Favorites in your web browser so that you can access the site directly whenever you need to. Your ANGEL Username will be your Herkimer College Student Email Address. You can determine your Herkimer College Email Address below, and therefore your ANGEL Username.
ANGEL Username/Password Information
Your ANGEL username will be the first seven characters of your last name (if your last name is less than seven characters, then you would use your entire last name), first name initial and last 3 digits of your Herkimer College assigned Student ID Number followed by “@herkimer.edu”, or your entire Herkimer College Student Email Address.
- John Doe with an Herkimer College ID Number of H00075123 would enter his ANGEL username as email@example.com
- Jane Patterson with an Herkimer College ID Number of H00077987 would enter her ANGEL username as firstname.lastname@example.org
You can look up your Herkimer College Student Email Address (and therefore ANGEL Username) using Student Online Services. Just view your Student E-mail Address, it will be listed as your College E-mail Address.
Your Angel Password will initially be “hcccangel”, without the quotes. You must change your password as soon as you are able to login. If you have logged into ANGEL previously and changed your password but do not remember what it was, please select the “I forgot my password” link. On the next page enter your Herkimer College Student Email Address and then check your Herkimer College Student WebMail account for the response.
Access Your Herkimer College Student Email Account
When logging into your herkimer.edu email and intranet accounts, you must use Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher. You can access your Herkimer College Student Email Account here: http://www.herkimer.edu/mail.
You will be asked to enter your authorization information (username/password/domain). Note: in the Domain field, enter “Herkimer College” (without quotes). If you DO NOT see a Domain field, then add the prefix “Herkimer College\” to your username (without quotes or spaces and that is a BACK slash, not a forward slash), for example:
Your Herkimer College account username will be the first seven characters of your last name (if your last name is less than seven characters, then you would use your entire last name), first name initial and last 3 digits of your Herkimer College Student ID Number.
- John Doe with an Herkimer College ID Number of H00075123 would enter his username as Herkimer College\doej123
- Jane Patterson with an Herkimer College ID Number of H00077987 would enter her username as Herkimer College\pattersj987
Your initial password will be your 8-digit birthdate in the following format: MMDDYYYY. For example, John Doe who was born on January 1, 1990 would initially have a password of 01011990. Jane Patterson who was born on December 28, 1992 would initially have a password of 12281992. Students will be forced to change their Herkimer College Student Email Account Password the first time they login to their accounts. The new password should be between 8 and 20 characters long, it should contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit, and it cannot be any of the last 5 passwords you have used. While many browsers will suffice for accessing your Herkimer College Student Email Account, the initial password change seems to work best within Internet Explorer on a PC or Safari on a Mac.
If you experience any problems please contact the Help Desk as follows: Help Desk: email@example.com or 315.866.0300 x8555.
How to Determine your Herkimer College ID
You can use your Herkimer College ID in place of your Social Security Number when logging into Student Online Services and when contacting Herkimer College by telephone and email. You will also need your Herkimer College ID to determine both your ANGEL Username and your MyHerkimer Username.
- Login to your Student Online Services (SOS) Account available here: https://onlineservices.herkimer.edu:11101/pls/prod/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin. Initially, you can login using your Social Security Number as your User ID, no dashes, no spaces.
- Once logged into your SOS account, please select the Student Services tab.
- From the available menu, please select the Student Services link.
- Select Academic Transcript from the available menu.
- Leave the drop-down menu options in their default state. Click the Submit button.
- You Herkimer College ID will be available in the upper right-hand corner just before your name. It begins with an “H”.
If you need any assistance with logging into your Student Online Services Account, please contact our Help Desk at (315) 866-0300, ext. 8555 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Assistance with your ANGEL Courses
The SLN Help Desk (1-800-875-6269 by telephone or visit http://sln.suny.edu/sln_helpdesk.htm) is available to assist you.
If you need further information from Herkimer College, contact the Internet Academy at (315)866-0300, X8742 or toll-free in NYS at (888)464-4222 x8742 or via our request information page.