Online Legal Studies A.A.S.Apply Now
The Legal Studies program prepares students for positions in law offices, banks, real estate firms, brokerage houses, federal, state and local government agencies and other institutions requiring employees with legal training. Responsibilities include assisting an attorney in legal research, the preparation of documents for hearings or trial and other supports services. Graduates are prepared to:
- Interview a client and gather a case history
- Conduct both independent and directed legal research and fact gathering activities
- Draft pleadings, bills of particulars, motions, wills, contracts, memorandums of law and other commonly encountered legal documents
- Perform standard filing and recording procedures
- Summarize documents in a case file
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Legal Studies A.A.S.
Legal Studies graduates find employment in law offices, administrative agencies, boards and commissions on the local, state and federal levels, district attorney offices, offices within the state and federal court systems, as well as abstract and title companies, bank trust departments, insurance companies and corporate legal departments.
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Legal Studies A.A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
Online Legal Studies A.A.S. Degree
The Legal Studies A.A.S. degree program is internet accessible and may be completed entirely online. Learn how!