Discover new possibilities within yourself
Explore the art, music and literature of cultures throughout the ages. As a Humanities major, you’ll immerse yourself in the humanist tradition, unlocking your potential.
Our Humanities program is flexible, and provides you with a springboard for many majors and career options. Graduates transfer to four-year institutions to continue studies in writing, literature, speech, interpersonal relations, journalism, communication, music, art, philosophy and religion.
You’ll have opportunities to express yourself in various ways, including:
- Contributing to the college’s award-winning arts and literary magazine, Phaethon
- Joining the General’s Theater Group on the stage or behind the scenes
- Participating in Art Club and attending various field trips
- Being featured in our Student Art Show at the Cogar Gallery
- Attending various cultural events hosted on campus
When a student comes to a realization or understanding, there is a moment when you see the ‘light bulb’ go off in their head, or when a student is struggling but finally achieves success, I find these moments most memorable. I also like to see my students talking about the materials outside of class to their friends and family and applying it to their lives. Finally, I am always delighted when a student comes up with a new idea or argument that I have never learned before or that has never come up in previous classes. Read More...
- Daniel Thompsune, Assistant Professor, English/Philosophy
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Humanities A.A. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Humanities A.A.