What are your admission requirements?
In order to be accepted into a degree or certificate program at Herkimer County Community College you need to meet the following admissions requirements:
Herkimer County Residents:
- Possess a high school diploma from a public or New York State Education Registered non-public high school
- Possess a GED
- Completion of the equivalent of a four-year high school course of study (home schooled) under the requirements of Section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, as certified by the superintendent of the school district in which the student resides.
Applicants Outside Herkimer County:
- Have a final high school GPA of 68 or higher
- GED score of 2400 or more
Possible alternatives to this admissions requirement:
- Scoring 500 or more on each of the English and Math sections of the SAT
- Scoring a 21 or higher composite score on the ACT
- Transferring to HCCC with six or more college credits with a 2.0 GPA or higher.
The College reserves the right to review other admissions criteria for out-of-county students.
Please refer to page 133 (http://www.herkimer.edu/images/uploads/college_catalog/admissions-fa-ce.pdf) of the college catalog for further details.