Criminal Justice A.S.Apply Now
The Criminal Justice A.S. program prepares students to transfer to a four-year college or university to major in criminal justice and related social science disciplines. Building on a solid foundation of required courses focusing on law, criminology, criminal justice and private security, the curriculum allows students to take elective coursework in such areas as policing, juvenile justice, corrections and security to suite their own professional interests. In addition, students take a variety of courses in such areas as forensic science, math and social science.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical and historical background of the criminal justice system
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theories of crime causation
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the penal and procedure laws
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Criminal Justice A.S.
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Criminal Justice A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
- Bellevue University
- Cazenovia College
- Charter Oak State College
- Empire State College
- Excelsior College
- Franklin University
- Kaplan University
- Norwich University
- SUNY College of technology at Delhi *
- SUNY Institute of Technology
- The College of Saint Rose
- Utica College
Online Criminal Justice A.S. Degree
The Criminal Justice A.S. degree program is internet accessible and may be completed entirely online. Learn how!