Your Library is a Powerful Resource
A single search for finding books, articles, media and more.
Find books and media in the Library on campus
Find electronic books available full-text online:
Find info from encyclopedias and reference sets, full-text online
Search for faculty and textbook reserves by course number, ex. BU114, SC245.
Herkimer College is proud to be home to the Ronald F. Williams Library building. The Library staff is dedicated to helping and teaching users to navigate the often-complex world of information.
New Service: New York Times Online Free for all students, faculty and staff, including mobile and tablet apps.
Flipping through a digital magazine is fun and easy using Flipster. Available via the Library Website (Databases—Flipster). Magazines are viewable on desktop computers and mobile devices. Off campus access requires log on using MyHerkimer credentials.
ALL LIBRARY COMPUTERS AUTOMATICALLY SHUT DOWN 10 MINUTES BEFORE CLOSING. Please plan and save your work accordingly.
The Library now has Kobo E-Readers available for student use and they can be borrowed for 3 weeks. Free books are available from EBSCO and Springer and can be accessed by using the Library online catalog. See a Librarian for details!
Located on the second and third floors of the Library building, the Library’s hours for student and faculty use are:
Regular Semester Hours, January 23 - May 15:
Closed Presidents Day Weekend 2/18 - 2/20; Spring Break start weekend 3/11 - 3/12;
Spring Break end weekend 3/18 - 3/19.
- Sunday: 4pm - 9pm (Closed holiday weekends)
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 9pm
- Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Saturday: Closed
Spring Break March 11 - March 19:
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday - Friday: 8am - 3:30pm
- Saturday: Closed
Our full-service Library offers:
- A comfortable environment to study, read, and research
- Equal services to on-campus and on-line students
- More than 60,000 print books
- 120,000 electronic books that can be accessed through an online catalog
- 200 print periodicals subscriptions
- A variety of online reference databases, providing access to thousands of magazines, journals, and reference works
- An online interLibrary loan system and agreements that allow students to borrow materials from other libraries
- Introductions to Library resources through scheduled tours, workshops, courses, and one-on-one instruction
- Librarians to assist students most hours the Library is open and provide Research Help and Tips. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff looks forward to helping you with a wide array of topics, such as finding books and articles, taking full advantage of our collections, and properly citing your sources
- A text service for quick Library answers available by texting 315-836-3796
- An online chat service for questions
Have a suggestion for the Library? Let us know.
Want a lot of info about the Library in print? Here is the Student Library Handbook.
To ask questions or learn more, contact us at:
Reference Desk: 315-866-0300 ext. 8394 or text 315-836-3796
Reference Desk, Toll-free: 1-844-GO4-HERK ext. 8394
Circulation Desk: 315-574-4007
Not feeling chatty? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or text questions to 315-836-3796.