Your Library is a Powerful Resource
A single search for finding books, articles, media and more.
Find books and media in the Library on campus
Find electronic books available full-text online:
Find info from encyclopedias and reference sets, full-text online
Search for faculty and textbook reserves by course number, ex. BU114, SC245.
Herkimer College is proud to be home to the Ronald F. Williams Library building. The Library staff is dedicated to helping and teaching users to navigate the often-complex world of information.
Located on the second and third floors of the Library building, the Library’s hours for student and faculty use are:
Regular Semester Hours, August 25 - December 16:
- Sunday: 4pm - 9pm (Closed holiday weekends)
- Monday - Thursday: 8am - 9pm
- Friday: 8am - 4pm
- Saturday: Closed
Closed Holidays : Labor Day 8/30 - 9/1; Columbus Day 10/11 - 10/13;
Veterans Day 11/11; Thanksgiving 11/27 - 11/30
Our full-service Library offers:
- A comfortable environment to study, read, and research
- Equal services to on-campus and on-line students
- More than 60,000 print books
- 18,000 electronic books that can be accessed through an online catalog
- 200 print periodicals subscriptions
- A variety of online reference databases, providing access to thousands of magazines, journals, and reference works
- An online interLibrary loan system and agreements that allow students to borrow materials from other libraries
- Introductions to Library resources through scheduled tours, workshops, courses, and one-on-one instruction
- Librarians to assist students most hours the Library is open and provide Research Help and Tips. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff looks forward to helping you with a wide array of topics, such as finding books and articles, taking full advantage of our collections, and properly citing your sources
- A text service for quick Library answers available by texting 315-836-3796
- An online chat service for questions
Have a suggestion for the Library? Let us know.
Want to know more about our policies? View this page.
To ask questions or learn more, contact us at:
Reference Desk: 315-866-0300 ext. 8394 or text 315-836-3796
Reference Desk, Toll-free: 1-844-GO4-HERK ext. 8394
Circulation Desk: 315-866-0300 ext.8272
Not feeling chatty? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or text questions to 315-836-3796.