A single search for finding books, articles, media and more.
Books & Media
Find books and media in the Library on campus.Catalog: Find Books
Find electronic books available full-text online.
Find info from encyclopedias and reference sets, full-text online.
Search for faculty and textbook reserves by course number, ex. BU114, SC245.Catalog: Find Books
Regular Semester Hours
Sunday: 1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m. (Closed holiday weekends)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00a.m. - 9:00p.m.
Friday: 8:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Monday February 21, 2022: Closed
Mid Semester Break
Sunday March 13: Closed
Monday-Friday: 8a.m. - 3:30p.m.
Sunday March 20: Closed
*Library is always closed on Saturdays.
Monday May 30, 2022: Closed
Monthly Newsletter: November 2021
KANOPY FILM STREAMING "Thoughtful Entertainment"
Herkimer College now offers Kanopy Film Streaming! Stream films to your preferred device (mobile or otherwise, apps available through your app provider). Sign in with your campus credentials. OPTIONAL: Create an account to save favorites etc...
Contact Stephanie for more details or troubleshooting!
Coming soon- tutorials and user guides.
SWANK DIGITAL CAMPUS
Herkimer College now offers access to streaming movies for academic use, obtained
through Swank Digital Campus. Swank partners with major Hollywood studios,
documentary providers, independent filmmakers and international film companies to
provide a diverse library. The wide range of titles ensures all academic departments can find the movies needed for their classroom to promote active and engaged learning. Contact Stephanie for more details.
Click here for a tutorial!
Click here for a LibGuide that includes a list of available films.
Use Primo to search for books and other items on campus and arrange for pick-up! Log into your library account using your Herkimer credentials, find the items you want and use the request feature. You'll receive an email when items are ready. Contact the library with any questions.
Our Full-Service Library Offers:
- A comfortable environment to study, read, and research
- Equal services to on-campus and on-line students
- More than 60,000 print books
- 120,000 electronic books that can be accessed through an online catalog
- 200 print periodicals subscriptions
- A variety of online reference databases, providing access to thousands of magazines, journals, and reference works
- Online Interlibrary Loan systems: PRIMO or ILLiad for books and articles, and agreements that allow students to borrow materials from other libraries
- Introductions to Library resources through scheduled tours, workshops, courses, and one-on-one instruction. Schedule Today!
- Librarians to assist students most hours the Library is open and provide Research Help and Tips. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff looks forward to helping you with a wide array of topics, such as finding books and articles, taking full advantage of our collections, and properly citing your sources