Discover a Career in Legal Studies
Herkimer College’s Legal Studies program prepares you for positions in law offices, banks, real estate firms, brokerage houses, federal, state and local government agencies, and other institutions requiring employees with legal training. Responsibilities include assisting an attorney in legal research, the preparation of documents for hearings or trial, and other support services.
As a graduate, you'll be prepared to:
- Interview a client and gather a case history
- Conduct both independent and directed legal research and fact gathering activities
- Draft pleadings, bills of particulars, motions, wills, contracts, memorandums of law, and other commonly encountered legal documents
- Perform standard filing and recording procedures
- Summarize documents in a case file
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog.
Herkimer College offers a quality and affordable educational experience.