Childhood Education A.S.Apply Now
The Childhood Education program is designed for students interested in becoming an elementary school teacher (Pre-K through Grade 6). Students will be prepared for transfer to a four-year institution by completing general education coursework including courses in their chosen area of concentration: English, History/Social Studies, Biology, Chemistry or Math.
View our program course requirements as published in the College Catalog: Childhood Education A.S.
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Childhood Education A.S. Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Programs also offered online are denoted by asterisk.*
- Buffalo State College
- Cazenovia College
- College of Saint Rose Child/Special Ed Social Stud
- College of Saint Rose Childhood Ed English
- College of Saint Rose Childhood Ed General Science
- College of Saint Rose Childhood Ed Math
- College of Saint Rose Childhood Ed Social Studies
- College of Saint Rose Childhood/Special Ed Biology
- College of Saint Rose Childhood/Special Ed English
- College of Saint Rose Childhood/Special Ed Math
- College of Saint Rose Childhood/Special Ed Science
- St. John Fisher College
- SUNY Potsdam
Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Criminal History
Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of this program. For more information, read the Policy Regarding Enrollment of Individuals with Prior Felony Conviction.