Computer Network Technician
The Computer Network Technician program is designed to prepare students for careers in computer network technology, help desk services and PC repair. The curriculum emphasizes hands-on experience as well as theory. All network and PC courses are 50% lab. Seniors will complete either a topics course or fieldwork. This program prepares students (along with some additional study) for A+ Certification, Network+ Certification and various Microsoft Certifications.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Perform the day-to-day tasks of administering a heterogeneous PC network consisting of various switches, routers, printers and network operating systems
- Plan and install a PC network
- Perform help desk functions to support network users, including training and problem solving
- Build, repair and upgrade PCs
Computer Network Technician Career Opportunities
- Computer Technician
- Computer Repair
- Computer Training & Support
- Network Administrator
- End User Support
Computer Network Technician Transfer Agreements »
Below is a list of transfer agreements we have established (for our Computer Network Technician Program) with four-year colleges & universities to provide a seamless transfer of credits.
Computer Network Technician program as published in the 2013-14 College Catalog