Local high school students can earn Herkimer College credits at no cost to them through our concurrent enrollment program, College Now. This is a great opportunity with many benefits, including:
- Taking college classes while you are in high school will help you learn about college expectations and introduce you to college culture
- Saving money by reducing future college costs
- Showing college admissions officers that you are a serious student
- Reducing your first or second semester course load in college
- Having the option to earn a double major, do a special work internship, or spend a semester traveling abroad
- Graduating from college earlier
The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships is the national organization that sets standards for CEPs and accredits those partnerships that meet the national standards in five categories: curriculum, students, faculty, assessment, and evaluation. In April 2006, our College Now program was accredited by NACEP.