As announced yesterday, classes will resume on Monday, March 30th (instead of March 23rd). Classes that are currently online (Sections V and SO) will continue as scheduled after spring break on Monday, March 23.
The one week extension is to give faculty additional time for planning and training as the College moves all courses to alternative modes of delivery. Students can expect to hear more details from their faculty members on their courses by Monday, March 23. We understand students will have to adapt to new forms of learning, and we are committed to support our students in a variety of creative ways to ensure their success.
While Herkimer College remains open for business, our campus is restricted to students and employees only. We are following the directive of New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo and have reduced the number of staff on campus. Many employees are now working remotely until further notice. Essential functions that remain on campus — though in limited capacity — include mail reception, campus safety, facilities, information technologies, residence life and food service. The College leadership continues to meet daily to ensure academic continuity as well as the health and safety of the campus community.
Herkimer College will continue to provide support services and resources for students. In an effort to ensure social distancing, we are implementing a variety of safeguards. Some services will be by appointment and others will be delivered remotely. Please continue to check your Herkimer College email regularly and often. Updates will also be posted on the website at www.herkimer.edu/coronavirus
Please note the following additional updates:
- Starting Thursday, March 19, the Dining Center will be preparing two meals per day for each student staying on campus. Each student will receive one hot meal, one cold meal and two beverages. Students may pick up their meals between the hours of 12-2 pm each day. On Fridays, students will receive additional meals for the weekend. Students with dietary restrictions or special requests can email them directly to Noelle Sprague or text 315-430-5357.
- The Physical Education Building, Barnes & Noble Bookstore, and the Office for International Programming are now closed.
- The Library is open to students, faculty and staff as follows:
- March 18-20: 10am-2pm
- March 23: 10am-2pm and 5-8pm
- March 24-25: 10am-2pm
- March 26: 10am-2pm and 5-8pm
- March 27: 10am-2pm